Welcome to ConnectiCare! We want to help you stay healthy (and are here for you when you’re not).
Here are five simple steps you should take to get started with your new health plan:
- Put your member ID card in your wallet. You’ll need it whenever you get care or fill a prescription. Look at the “effective date” to see when you can begin using your plan.
- If you buy your own insurance: pay your first month’s premium by the date it’s due. Then pay your premium every month by the due date on your bill.
- Register on connecticare.com. It gives you some tools to help you stay healthy and track your health care spending. You can tell us:
- To send your important plan documents by email
- Who your primary care doctor is
- To send your monthly premium bill electronically, if you buy your own insurance
- Review what your plan covers. Sign in to connecticare.com to study up on what your plan covers and what you may pay for medical care and prescription drugs. You can also estimate the costs of drugs and treatment.
- Call your doctor to schedule your annual checkup (it’s free with your plan).* You may catch health problems earlier, when they’re easier to treat. Need a doctor? Use Find a Doctor on our website.
* “Free” preventive care means that you will not have a copay or have to pay money toward your deductible or coinsurance for the services. Sometimes a preventive care visit leads to other medical care or tests, even at the same appointment. You should check with your doctor or doctor’s staff during your visit to see if there are services you may be billed for.